Trusts and Estates Attorney in Olympia WA


Washington Trusts and Estates Attorney Helping You Plan

Preserving your family's wealth for future generations. Whether you're planning the parameters of your future medical care or establishing support for loved ones upon your death, J. Patrick Quinn LLM, PS can help with all aspects of trusts and estates issues, including:
  • Estate planning
  • Estate tax issues
  • Choosing the appropriate executor or trustee
  • Guardianship
  • Living wills
  • Living trusts
  • Wills and Trust drafting

Securing your legacy

You work hard for your family, so knowing that you have planned for their long-term well being and financial security can bring you comfort. We thoroughly analyze your estate and help you select the best means of transferring your assets, minimizing taxes, establishing guardianship for your children, caring for your pets, supporting personal philanthropic causes and protecting your loved ones.

Draft your Living Trust and Last Will and Testament

Your last will or trust ensures the distribution of your property, establish care for your children and otherwise express your wishes upon your death. A will is necessary if you intend to leave property to a person or entity other than a blood relative, such as a domestic partner, a friend or a charity. If you die without a will, the court determines how your property is distributed, who cares for your children and even what happens to your pet – making decisions that might not reflect your desires.

Attorney J. Patrick Quinn has 30 years of experience in drafting wills and trusts that ensure your intentions are honored.

Changing your will

As your life changes, so might your estate plan. You may need to update your will throughout your life. We draft valid codicils that address changes in your financial situation, marital status, number of children, philanthropic interests and general lifestyle decisions.

Appointment of guardianship

If you have minor children, your will allows you to make decisions about their future care. This is especially crucial if you are a single parent or if both parents die in a common accident. If you do not name a guardian, the court will appoint a guardian for your children and can make decisions adverse to your ultimate parenting goals. You can also make arrangements for your pets' care in your will, including naming a guardian to take responsibility for your pets.

Contact an estate planning law firm you can trust, J. Patrick Quinn LLM, PS

For estate planning services in Olympia and throughout all surrounding counties, including Thurston, Mason, Lewis, Pierce and Grays Harbor, call J. Patrick Quinn LLM, PS at 360-943-3939 or contact us online to schedule your consultation.